Experts generally recommend seven to nine hours a night for healthy adults. Getting a good night’s sleep is imperative, and there are mobile apps that will help you sleep better. We rounded up a list of 10 Android and iPhone apps to help you prepare for a restful night and turn off your brain. Check them out below.
1. Relax Melodies – Select sounds and melodies that you like and combine them to create a mix. Adjust the volume of each sound individually for better results. This free app is available for both Android and iPhone devices.
2. Pzizz Sleep – This free recording will help you alleviate stress and anxiety and sleep well at night. This app claims to be the solution to insomnia. The app is available for both Android and iPhone devices.
4. Sleepmaker Rain – Plug in your earbuds and zone out to the natural sound of rain. There are 20 audio clips available that range from gentle, medium and heavy sounds of realistic rainfalls. The app is available for both Android and iPhone devices.
5. Nature Sounds Relax and Sleep – Want to relax for 10 minutes during the day at home or in office? Want to improve brain work? The app is available for Android devices.
6. Relax Melodies: Oriental Meditation – It will help you achieve a deep sleep and feel much better when you awake. No more lacking of sleep or insomnia for you! It’s available for both Android and iPhone devices.
7. aSleep – Relax and listen to the marvelous sounds of nature and suave melodies that will help you to fall asleep.This app is available for iPhone and iPad.
8. Long Deep Breathing – The more slowly and deeply you breathe, the more calm you will become. This application offers a simple and always accessible way to learn and practice the Long Deep Breathing technique. iPhone
9. Proactive Sleep Alarm Clock – Made by a sleep researcher, this application is based on the science of sleep. The app is available for both Android and iPhone.
10. Alarm Tunes – Wake up to music, fall asleep to music, tell time with music – Alarm Tunes is an elegant Alarm Clock app for iPhone with an unhealthy obsession for music. The app is available for iPhone devices.