Good shopping cart software offers a host of other tools to help get your online business up and running. Every business owners must have an online shopping cart in order to compete in the high intensity market that has grown online in the last few years.In this article, we are collection of the best open source e-commerce platforms to help you create your own online store. Every e-commerce builder or owner should look before launching their new site.
- Payment Gateway – Payment gateway integration into e-commerce websites is a good way of accepting payment for products or services offered by online shopping.
- Webpage Design – A designer needs to be careful and planned in his approach while designing an e-commerce website. Many merchants are good at selling things, not designing webpages, so some shopping cart software will include step-by-step wizards to help take the mystery out of that process .
- Inventory Control – Good shopping cart software will keep track of your inventory and generate consumer reports automatically.
- Tax Calculation – Most shopping cart software can calculate taxes, a valuable tool, especially since many states are considering requiring merchants to collect taxes for online sales.
- Customer Management – Most shopping cart software has features that will let customers view their previous purchases. The program will also recognize the customer when they come back for a return visit.
- Security – Customers won’t purchase online if they feel the website cannot protect their personal information. Most shopping cart software will offer protection by encrypting information, processing credit cards through reputable processing services and by allowing customers to move through their program without having to download cookies
These eCommerce platforms will allow easy to creating your own online store. You build sites that are ready to grow with your business and start making more money. Here, we will go through some of the best excellent 20+ free and premium open source ecommerce platforms to create a website.
osCommerce is a popular Open Source online shop e-commerce solution that is powered by a dedicated, strong, and ever growing community, and is released under the GNU General Public License.
Zen Cart is the art of e-commerce; free, user-friendly, open source shopping cart software. The ecommerce web site design program is being developed by a group of like-minded shop owners, programmers, designers, and consultants that think ecommerce web design could be and should be done differently.
PrestaShop is another robust, professional-grade e-Commerce solution that you can download, install, and use for free. On the back end, you’ll use a full-featured back-office application to manage your online business (including inventory, orders, shipping, and customers) in real-time.
OpenCart is an open source PHP-based online e-
VirtueMart is an Open Source E-Commerce solution to be used together with a Content Management System (CMS) called Joomla!. Joomla! and VirtueMart are written in PHP and can be used in typical PHP/MySQL environments. VirtueMart using Plugins, Components, Templates and Modules to make them
Spree is an open source ecommerce platform for Ruby on Rails. Using Spree’s extension system, you’ll be able to customise your store and mark yourself out from your competitors. Useful features include support for over 50 payment gateways.
CubeCart is a flexible e-commerce platform that offers a hassle-free way to set up your own e-commerce website. CubeCart you can quickly setup a powerful online store to sell digital or tangible products to new and existing customers globally.
Ubercart is specifically designed for people selling things like file downloads, event registrations, website access passes and event tickets, rather than physical products. Ubercart is an exciting open source e-commerce shopping cart that fully integrates your online store with Drupal, the leading open source content management system.
TomatoCart is open source shopping cart software using the ExtJS RIA framework, which makes it second-to-none friendly to users. TomatoCart covers nearly all the features a shopping cart could ever have and is continuing progressing with its roadmap.
Other Free Open Source eCommerce Platforms to Check Out
- StoreSprite – Despite being completely free, StoreSprite offers many features that you’d expect to find only on paid-for and more popular platforms.
- Highwire is a unique solution in the sense that apart from setting up your own store, you can also use it to sell on eBay or Facebook. Plus, you can sync your inventory across multiple channels of e-commerce
- AlegroCart is a free open source e-commerce shopping cart solution based on MVC Framework. You can have your own shopping cart operational in a very short time, which can be managed through administration by you and your staff.
- Axis commerce – Axis commerce is a powerfull open source e-commerce platform. Axis commerce is a provides Multiply stores management, Admin Ajax user interface, One page checkout and SEO friendly.
- SimpleCart js – SimpleCart(js) 2.0 is no longer only for Paypal. It now works with Google Checkout as well. You can now add increment, decrement, and remove buttons to your cart. You can also rearrange items, change the HTML tags, do whatever you like to display your cart how you want. No databases, no programming, no headaches.
- Afcommerce – AFCommerce is a full and complete online store with both a store front and administration area directly Out-Of-The-Box, which can be easily installed, configured, and maintained over a web-based interface.
- Zeuscart – The best thing about Zeuscart is its user interface, which is rich, attractive, user-friendly and generally less boring than most of the open-source UIs that I have to look at on a daily basis.
Premium Ecommerce Solution
Shopify is an easy to use hosted e-commerce solution that lets you create your online store within minutes. It comes loaded with secure shopping carts, beautiful e-commerce templates as well as web hosting. Before you purchase Shopify, you can also opt for a risk-free 30-day trial.
BigCommerce lets you sell your products on Facebook and eBay as well as your own store. If you wish to sell unlimited products on your website, you’ll have to opt for the Platinum Plan at $149.95 per month. There is also a free 15-day trial.